Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wife-ism #1

As is the stereotype, I am a guy and tend to forget things soon after they happen. This is a problem for me whenever I get into an argument with my wife; it's as if I am invited to a sword fight and have completely forgotten my sword.

Since my wife speaks English as a second language, she often has trouble with pronunciation. Again, these are things I make fun of when they happen but forget soon afterwards. To remember, I will keep this slip-ups in blog form.

Usually, it's my wife that pronounces things wrong that grabs my attention. Sometimes, however, she misunderstands what I say; this usually happens when I use uncommon words, like "abusive". This morning I jokingly referred to my wife as abusive, since she literally kicked me out of the shower. She instantly became offended because she thought I called her "obese". I'm not even sure what to make of that.

She wasn't upset when she realized what I actually called her.

No comments:

Post a Comment